Located on Hwy 28, one block east of Heffner Park, with the two jets.
Our Lady of the Assumption is a Mission Church of St. Dominic Parish. In 1964, Our Lady of the Assumption was built next to Assumption School. Before this, Sunday Mass took place in the Assumption School gym, which opened in 1963.
Father Robert Poulin was the priest who worked very hard to get the Assumption School and Our Lady of the Assumption built. Our Lady of the Assumption had a resident pastor from 1958 to 1980.
Since then, the parish has been served by the pastor resident at St Dominic Parish.