Beginning November 24th, masks will be mandatory when coming in the St Dominic Parish office. We pray that everyone understands the importance of this decision. It was not made lightly.
In order to protect the health of parishioners and clergy and volunteers, the bishops have set a detailed list of conditions that must be observed before public Mass may be safely returned to.
1. Limiting the total number of persons to 50 or fewer to ensure physical distancing you can contact the
parish to register and we will also be calling!
2. Asking people to answer health and travel questions as required by AHS: You will be asked questions before you are allowed to enter the church.
3. Recording contact information of attendees for tracking if necessary: we will recording your name
and phone number in case someone tests positive for Covid-19.
4. Sanitizing hands upon entry and exit. An Usher will show you where you to your seat.
5. Masks are are to be worn for all volunteers and attendees attending Mass.
6. Observing physical distancing throughout the celebration: every second pew will be blocked off to ensure that the 6 feet is observed.
7. Extra cleaning of the church between Masses: 4 volunteers are needed to help after each mass:
8. Communicants will need to wear a mask when coming forward for communion as does the priest
distributing it. Please put your hands together like it is a bowl so the priest can lightly drop the host in
9. No singing during Mass is allowed
10. If you are sick, fever, cold, flu, you will not be allowed to enter the church for the safety of
everyone, please stay home. It is allergy season so we are aware that some of this will not be a
The dispensation from Sunday obligation continues as does the live streamed Sunday Mass so that parishes that cannot meet all these conditions can simply wait until Stage 2 and further relaxing of the restrictions
If you would like to keep up with information and events happening in the Parish feel free to join the St. Dominic Parish News on Facebook.
Fr. Nong has made the decision to add a third mass that will begin on November 28/29 weekend. The Mass times will be as follows:
St. Dominic – Saturday evening Mass 6 pm
Assumption – Sunday morning Mass 9 am
St. Dominic – Sunday Morning Mass 10:30 am
To register for these Masses:
Assumption – Mary Anne Penner – 780-594-6428
St. Dominic – Betsy Fletcher – 780-639-3586.
Please remember to call the contact person if you are not able to make it to the mass you are registered for.
If you are willing to help with Points of Entry, Ushering, Safety Supervisor or Read, please let the phone person know that you are willing to help!
Sunday Mass from Bishop Paul Terrio’s chapel
Click on the link below:
You tube — Diocese of St. Paul, AB
In these extenuating circumstances follow Sunday Masses with Bishop Paul Terrio at 11:00 am.
Holy Week Services will also be live streamed, times will be posted soon–
If you are unable to unable to attend your scheduled mass, please call the phone persons below to arrange a replacement.
St. Dominic – Betsy Fletcher – 780-639-3586
Assumption – Maryanne Penner – 780-594-6428